THIS PROCESS APPLIES TO CARD NOT PRESENT TRANSACTIONS ONLY.
1. Open your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.) and go to: https://portal.currencypay.com/login
2. Type in your Login and Password information and click green “Log In” button.
3. Click “Create Payment” button located on the left side in the menu options.
4. Once you click “Create Payment” button described in the previous step, you will be prompted to input required information to process the payment with the optionality to add Level 2 and Level 3 data.
***Level 2 and Level 3 data information will allow you to get a lower processing rate by providing more detail on the order. Required fields are determined by VISA.
5. To process credit or debit card transaction, input the dollar amount in the “AMOUNT” field highlighted below and choose “Sale” in the Transaction Type field. Leave “Payment Method” untouched.
6. Next, check “Submit this transaction as LEVEL 2 PROCESSING” box and fill out “Tax” and “Order Number” fields.
TAX IS NOT A SEPARATE CHARGE. IN THE EXAMPLE ABOVE TOTAL ORDER AMOUNT IS $500.00 WHERE $3.00 IS ATTRIBUTED TO TAXES AND $497.00 IS THE COST OF THE EQUIPMENT.
VISA REQUIREMENT FOR LEVEL 2:
A. The transaction must be taxable
B. The tax charge must be between 0.01% and 22% of the transaction amount.
MASTERCARD REQUIREMENT FOR LEVEL 2:
A. Customer Code (can be anything except spaces)
B. The transaction must be taxable
C. The tax charge must be between 0.1% and 30%
7. Next, check “Submit this transaction as LEVEL 3 PROCESSING” box and fill out following fields:
a. Shipping Amount – shipping quantity
b. Duty Amount – amount of goods that require Import Tax, Excise, Customs Tax, Impost or Levy
c. Order Discount – discount on the total order
d. Name – Customer Name
e. Commodity Code – Commodity codes are used by corporate purchasing organizations to segment and manage their total spend across diverse product lines. There is no universally accepted commodity code standard, but the United Nations Standard Products and Services Code (UNSPSC) is widely deployed
f. Item Price – Price for that one specific item (same as order price if you only have one item in the order)
g. Quantity – The number of products for this line item included in the transaction
h. Description – A specific description of the item purchased
i. Product Code – Product code is typically the supplier’s unique product identifier. This is usually identified with an inventory number or UPC code. If the business doesn’t have an inventory numbering system, the business needs to enter something other than spaces or zeros
j.Item Discount – Used to capture discounts applied at a line item level. Examples includeline item (or product level) percentage discounts and fixed amount reductions. Line Itemdiscount totals should be reflected in the PURCHASE Discount Amount field
NOTE: YOU CAN ALSO CLICK “ADD ITEM” IF YOU ARE PROCESSING A PAYMENT FOR MULTIPLE GOODS.
VISA REQUIREMENT FOR LEVEL 3:
A. You must include at least one line item with the amount, description and quantity defined.
MASTERCARD REQUIREMENT FOR LEVEL 3:
A. Tax info ($0 is acceptable for tax in level 3)
B. You must include at least one line item with the amount, description and quantitydefined.
8. Once you fill out all fields, please click “Process Payment”.
9. Once you click “Process Payment”, following pop window will appear to enter customer’s card information and name. Please fill the information out correctly and press “Pay”.
10. Once entered, you will see the following message confirming that the charge went through.